The 5th Dimension “Crack the Code” Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PROMOTION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: The 5th Dimension Password Keeper “Crack the Code Sweepstakes” (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees and families of Contest holder are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Sponsor: the5dkeeper.com Administrator: Michael E. Pipkins, Author
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Contest begins on September 5, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. Central Time (“CT”), and ends on September 5, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the “Contest Period”) and consists of a series of individual monthly drawings.
- Date of Drawings. Each monthly drawing will be held on the last day of the month at 8:00 pm CT. Entries must be received by 7:00 pm CT on the same day.
- Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: Participants access the website and are provided a clue to a secret code. The participant enters their name, email and guess to the secret code. A correct answer is not required. All valid entries will be accepted.
- Limit: Only one entry per person per monthly drawing is permitted. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Note that entries are “Per Person” not “Per Email”. Attempted submission of multiple entries by the same person using multiple email accounts will void all entries by that person.
- No carry-over: Entries do not carry over from one monthly contest to the next. Participants must enter each monthly drawing separately.
- Identification: Entrant may be required to prove identity and ownership of the email account. In the event of a dispute as to any submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Newsletter & Offers. Each entry in the contest is authorization to receive email regarding newsletter, updates and offers from me2industries. You may opt-out of receiving email by selecting the “opt-out” option at the bottom of each email. Subsequent re-entries into the contest will reactivate your participation into the subscription list. Email delivery may be conducted by third party distributors; however your email will never be sold.
- Odds – Drawing: A computer will randomly select the winning entry from all valid entries received for the drawing month. The odds of winning will be determined by the number of valid entries received. Selection made will be final.
- Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by email within 24 hours of the drawing. Except where prohibited, the winner will be required to sign and return a Claim Form and Publicity Release, which must be received by Administrator within seven (9) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the forms within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up (ie: Alternate Winner). Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after end of Contest.
- Prizes: A single copy of “The 5thDimension Password Keeper – Revised and Expanded Edition” of approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $9.95 each will be awarded to the winner each month of the contest duration. A total of 12 prizes will be awarded for the completion of the sweepstakes. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor in its own discretion reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all taxes (federal, state, local) and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize will be delivered by standard mail at the expense of the Sponsor.
- Limit: One prize per person during the entire run of the sweepstakes.
- Release: By entering the contest and/or accepting a prize, participants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, identity theft, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions/entries received up to time of such action either using the judging procedure (for the Contest), as outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes entry, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Tarrant County, Texas any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. In no event will the liability of the Sponsor or Administrator exceed the value of the prizes given.
- Winner List: A list of winners may be posted on the website or interested parties may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have a list delivered. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
- Severability: If any portion of these rules are considered invalid, the remaining portions of the rules shall remain in full force and effect.
Updated: September 9, 2012
Copyright© 2012 the5dkeeper.com. All rights reserved.
Unless noted to the contrary all trademarks are owned by Michael E. Pipkins or used with permission.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform.